1. Mathematics (50 Questions)
- Set Theory: Concept of sets, Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting, permutations, and combinations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies, and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric, and harmonic progressions, determinants, and matrices.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation, tangents and normals, maxima and minima, integration, definite integrals, applications to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition, and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products, applications to geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.
2. Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning (40 Questions)
The questions in this section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
3. Computer Awareness (20 Questions)
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
4. General English (10 Questions)
Questions in this section will be designed to test candidates’ general understanding of the English language. Topics include Comprehension, vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions, and articles), word power, synonyms and antonyms, meaning of words and phrases, technical writing.
NIMCET Exam Details
||Total no of questions
||Marks awarded for correct answer
||Marks deducted for wrong answer
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning